Sunday, October 29, 2006

The 17th Day

60mph winds and last night the weather channel was playing Pink Floyds "Run Like Hell" during my local on the 8's update. omens. amen...

I was on a pretty good stretch of staying awake during daylight hours until I reached Friday. I mean I completely lost Friday. I passed out drunk on Thursday night after fearing that all the people I used to know are now dead. I woke up in shambles to greet Saturday morning and an absolute dread when faced with the task of turning on my phone or checking my email. I haven't actually been drinking much since I quit my job. I really do not have the energy to invest in drinking anymore. Not to mention that the money is all gone and a monumental spree just cannot be afforded. Not today, atleast.

But I am awake today, back on the bright and early, watching all manner of leaves and limbs scatter across the yard. I will take the remainder of the day to ponder daylight savings time and listen to classic Phil Hendrie.

until then... (You better run)
brother james

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok friend. I'm not dead yet, don't worry. I lost my phone while biking in SE last night though. I was dressed as Captain VonTrapp (Sound of Music, you KNOW)and had drank 4 or 5 glasses of wine. Singing Carole King's "So Far Away" with extreme glee, you have no idea. How I miss our old days. "Doesnt anybody stay in one place anymore?" So I may have to write you a letter old school style. No other way. Miss you. and yay for yr blog.
Love, Nicole