Friday, March 02, 2007

Trust is like Glass

I was talking to a man about a lot of things today. I don't remember his name, he was European I think. We started talking about how George W. Bush was trying to get us all killed. He said an interesting thing, "My father told me, Trust is like glass, it keeps you from the cold and it keeps you safe, but once you break it...rebuilding trust would be just like piecing broken glass back together, possible....but."

Well, we broke the glass again as a country, thank you Hollywood for constantly rebuilding it with your heartwarming movies and blue jeans. It is truly a terrifying mistake to think a war based on greed had enough people fooled at the beginning, "What is worse is that they keep finding people from other countries like Sweden, places in Africa, even the American they found in Afghanistan," he said.

"It is like if we started playing volleyball in our suburbs, pretty soon everybody would join in, 'oh, you're playing volleyball, can we play?' You know we put up an advertisement for everybody that hates us to take a shot on a designated area that is Iraq." He was fuming now, I was trying to sell this guy a car by the way, but I couldn't help myself, I kept fueling his fire. It was good to see someone flip out like that.

That's a funny way of putting it-- War on terrorism is like volleyball on a sunday in the suburbs, trust is like glass.

No comments: