Sunday, October 22, 2006

Paying rent/Not for profit employees

Sometimes wonder how many people are paying rent for places they never sleep at. What percentage of people sleep somewhere more than fifty percent of the time but pay rent simply to keep fueling the stainless steel chained monster that is their lease?

I'm in this boat, actually have been for most of my twenties. Think about how much rent money your average twenty-something pays in rent just to help somebody else pay their mortgage . Way I see it, I've spent more helping upper-class white dudes by their property than I'll spend donating to worthwhile charities in my lifetime. (Side note, those not-for-profits employees just sit on their ass most of the day anyways) [ Just kidding you guys work your ass off between one and three]

No comments: