Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Grain Alcohol & Rain Water, Please...


Besides the subway system that burned down, this has got to be one of Rochester's Greatest Attempts at Mass Transit. One of the greatest stories ever told.
Does anyone know how to hotwire a ferry? I just want to take it for a little spin.
Maybe it's just me but it seems to be getting dark at 3 in the afternoon, about ten minutes after i wake up i feel like preparing for bed....i need something to do.Sober days are boring. Drunken days are too expensive. i'll snap out of it soon enough.
I need a holiday season. I need some snow to cover up everything in decay. The guy across the street passed away this morning , again. (i thought he died years ago)
The cat can't walk anymore and can barely eat which led me to a very Oregon Trail or pioneer settler kind of moment- "ma, we needs to prepare the grave before the ground freezes up for that winter"
it was an odd thought but the cat doesn't look like it can live another week and i just dont want to walk into the room and find her not moving. that really creeps me out. i guess most people would just take the cat to a vet and have it put down.
i have no further comment on a 20 year old cat.
Maybe i should take a day trip to toronto. If only this city had a way to get there in a short amount of time. oh, yeah, it's called a car...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that guy across the street died again. Kinda like Nell Carter--and they say there's no such thing as a second chance!

And if I hadn't read this, I'm sure no one would've told me about the cat. And I don't know if anyone knew I was reading this, therefore I still haven't been directly told about the cat. Kinda like that estranged grandfather that died and no one told me about until six months after the fact.

I guess some things you still get along fine without knowing. But I will never know the plush carpet of a seafaring movie theater beneath my feet, the light spray of fecal coliform across my cheek as I stand astride the deck of a floating parking garage bound for Canada.

Love,
Sis

Anonymous said...

Sister Ethel:
sheba will pass as nature offers.
just as that grandfather i've never been told about- who i fear and know is my complete outline.
i will have a complete military burial for sheba. 21 guns (21 genny lights) and evry honor afforded.
i will play the unicorns and cry...
that is all.
love.
b.

and we will all know plush carpets of fecal coliform one of these days!!!