Monday, December 18, 2006

sufferer's time




Time is slippin’ awayAnd I and I no reach high oh yeahFe we time, fe we timeDis a sufferer’s timeFe we time, children, fe we timeDis a sufferer’s timeA time fe sufferer’s drive big carA time fe sufferer’s live it upA time fe sufferer’s drive big carA time fe sufferer’s live it upFe we time, fe we timeDis a sufferer’s timeFe we time, children, fe we timeDis a sufferer’s timeNow that rasta ???Time fe rasta ???Now that dreadlocks ???Time fe dreadlocks ???BecauseFe we time, oh lord, fe we timeDis a sufferer’s timeFe we time, children, fe we timeDis a sufferer’s timeFour hundred years of colonialismAnd I and I no get high oh yeahI and I no reach high oh yeah‘Cause too much ism and skism, childrenToo much ism and skismToo much ism and skism, taking overToo much ism and skismA so we stayA so we goA so we stayA so we goA so we stayA so we goA so we stayA so we goFe we time, fe we timeDis a sufferer’s timeFe we time, children, fe we timeDis a sufferer’s timeA time fe sufferer’s drive big carA time fe sufferer’s live it upA time fe sufferer’s drive big carA time fe sufferer’s live it upFe we time, oh lord, fe we timeStop the ism and skismFe we time, children, fe we timeIt’s a sufferer’s timeFe we time, children, fe we timeStop the ism and skismFe we time, oh lord, fe we timeDis a sufferer’s time




Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir, so that every mouth can be fed. Poor me, the Israelite. Aah.Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir, So that every mouth can be fed. Poor me, the Israelite. Aah.My wife and my kids, they are packed up and leave me. Darling, she said, I was yours to be seen. Poor me, the Israelite. Aah.Shirt them a-tear up, trousers are gone. I don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde.


Poor me, the Israelite. Aah.After a storm there must be a calm. They catch me in the farm. You sound the alarm. Poor me, the Israelite. Aah.Poor me, the Israelite. I wonder who I'm working for. Poor me, Israelite, I look a-down and out, sir.





HalleluJAHSalvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our GodFor true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.HalleluJAH







And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.










No comments: