Sunday, January 14, 2007

who loves the sun?

and it's already begun, just as "they" forecast. i can hear that crinkling sound, and excuse me, dear reader, that is the only way to describe it. when the skies decide to bleed ice. and it immediately brings me back to '91 and being ten years old, going to the curb with the trash and returning inside to tell my father that something was not right outside. little did i know that it would mean a week off from school and two weeks without power. and those bizarre nights where the whole family slept in the same room and had kerosene hallucinations. it may have been fun then, we still had a sandbox in the yard, it wasn't ours but i remember it, but i could never survive a week or two in this house without power with my parents now. i hope we are just getting the ass end of this storm that seems to be icing over most of the country... anyways, so much for inspiration. I've been in bed for awhile now. Friday night i ate some bad chicken parm, at least that's my theory. instead of writing I've been guzzling pepto and sleeping and thinking that i need a drastic change in my diet. no one should eat a sandwich that's larger than their forearm. i swear,this city would deepfry water if it was possible.... in fact i should write a diet book with the first rule being: hold it up to your forearm. if it's bigger - don't eat it... i'm not sure why i am even still up, i'm going to bed and wrap myself in tight and hope the power is still on so that i can listen to howard in the morning......

No comments: